Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Peas and Pasta

I made the peas and pasta dish last night and my first husband loved it. Here is how I made it. This recipe serves two with a light lunch for one left over. (but it never made it to lunch because I sneaked it later)

PEAS AND PASTA
1 onion chopped into small pieces
olive oil 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup
chopped up parsley. a handful. not too much.
1 box frozen peas
2 teaspoons sugar
cooked pasta (I made it with fusilli, but I think a flat linguini would be better. (1/3 to 1/2 of a box)

Saute the onion until translucent.
add the parsley for a minute or two.
Add the peas and sugar then cook for about 5 minutes or more depending on how soft you like them.
add the cooked pasta
Add some pasta water to make sure you have a sauce-y consistency.
salt and fresh pepper finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment